Saturday, April 29, 2017

Starry Congrats Card



The Stars Framelits are retiring!  This is one of those sets that I find I use year-round...birthdays, Christmas, Fourth of July.  Here, I used them for a graduation card.  


The Fabulous Foil Designer Acetate was an afterthought, and I just love how it looks on this card.  I watercolored the bottom layer with Delightful Dijon and brushed on some stripes with the same color Stampin' Write Marker.  It was too blah looking, so I then brushed over it with Clear Wink of Stella.  Still not satisfied, I added a bit of Dazzling Details to the stripes.  Okay, getting there, but still looked a little drab.   That's when I decided to add the foil acetate.  Wow, much better!


The sentiment is from the Happy Happenings stamp set, which is also retiring.  It's also time to bid farewell to Delightful Dijon.



Project Product List:

1 comment: